Dr Eric Simard
Dr. Simard is making important discoveries to slow the processes of aging. An educated scientist, he has always been particularly interested in the environment and human health. Thus, from his baccalaureate, Dr. Simard restarted the aquatic ecology laboratories of the Université du Québec à Chicoutimi, by mobilizing professors and developing two new research programs. Already working on a third research program, this time in human health, still during his graduate studies, he decided to pursue this subject at the doctorate level, at the INRS-Institut Armand-Frappier de Laval. His graduate studies were supported by obtaining 7 excellence scholarships and 5 awards/honors.
Dr. Simard comes from a small village in Lac-Saint-Jean, from a very modest family. His father having been seriously ill while he was still in high school, he promised to make a difference in human health, especially through preventative methods. This is how he decided, in 2013, to start his new research on human aging.
Aware that current knowledge already made it possible to formulate a large number of recommendations, in order to age healthily, Dr. Simard set out to write a book. By collaborating with three other health professionals, he reviewed more than 400 scientific references in order to create the
best reference tool. He developed, one of the largest networks of health professionals (on LinkedIn), intended for preventative methods and healthy lifestyles. Dr. Simard is a valued developer and sought- after communicator.
The first book being a bestseller in Quebec, Dr. Simard decided to write a second in collaboration with Dr. Jacques Lambert, MD and two pharmacists: Live Young, TWO Times Longer. The two co-authors completed a third book which was then published in 2019: Small Guide to Longevity. Passionate about science and innovation, he is the father of three children and now wants to communicate his passion to help people age well; live healthier, longer. To learn more about Dr. Eric Simard, visit his website www.esimard.com/en/.
Studies and experiences
- Founding President of Technologie Biolactis – 1999 – 2001
- Vice President of Technological Development of Technologie Biolactis – 2001 – 2005
- Vice President of Exploitation of Technologie Biolactis – 2005 – 2007
- Vice President of Operations of Technologie Biolactis – 2007 – 2010
- Doctorate in Biology from INRS, Institut Armand-Frappier – 2008
- President of l’Association pour les ingrédients santé en alimentation – 2004 – 2012
- Administraot of Fondation Initia – 2013 – 2016
- Chair of the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC – Québec) – since 2008
- Appointed by the Ministers Council on the Commission de l’éthique en science et technologies – 2017
- Vice-President of Science and Development of Bio-K Plus International – 2010 – 2011
- Vice President of Science and Development of Neptune Technologies & Bioressources Inc. – 2011 – 2013
- Presenter at numerous scientific congresses and trainer alongside nutritionists, pharmacists and doctors – since 2002
- President of Idunn Technologies (company specialized in the field of aging and which markets the Vitoli® product line) – since 2013